Saturday, October 29, 2011

Unboxing of HP s300 Digital Camera

Its been a very busy month for me and that I was not able to update this blog of mine. Because I have to deal with office works. Anyways, what I'm showing you right now is the new HP s300 Digital Camera. The purpose of this is to show the actual box contents of this new device. Then we will take a look at different features of this digital camera from HP. Basically, HP s300 digital camera is 14.2 megapixels, with a 4x digital zoom. Also it can record up to 720p HD video.

The box contains,

  • USB power cord.
  • Power Adapter
  • HP s300 Digital Camera
  • Driver
  • Manual
  • Hand strap
  • Li-ion rechargeable battery

Box contents


Additional (sold separately/ "free" by promos):

  • Memory Card 
  • Camera case

Additional Contents


The device is perfect for a typical users who loves to take photos and share it through social networking sites. Its also suitable for printing captured that will surely have a nice image. Lets discuss some of the key features of the camera..

See sample captured images below:







The camera is user friendly, the interface is like the your usual digital camera.
  • There are 35 scene modes to choose from. Depends on the needs and situations of the your photos. Such scenes are, auto, program, inteliggent scene, portrait. landscape,sunset backlight, kids, night scene, LOMO, fireworks, snow, sports, party, candlelight, night portraitsoft skin, flowing water, food, building, text, foliage, auction, smile capture, blink detection, pre-composition, love portrait, self portrait, d-lighting, fisheye lens, aperture priority, . Don't worry there are on screen guides so you'll never get lost. 
More sample shots:

Fisheye Scene

LOMO effect


One of the reasons why I purchased this camera is the 720p video resolution. What I will be showing you guys is a bit lower resolution of this camera. You can set the video resolution you want to shoot depending on the situation you are into.




I am not a professional photographer but this device I guess can help me shoot a quality photos at low price.  See for yourself too.

14 comments:

  1. how many shots until the battery is low????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi louielyn, i cant exactly answer because it depends on the way you used your camera.. but to be honest you could have lots of shots until the battery is drained just make sure you have it fully charged. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi kim, can u plz tell me if u can zoom in while recording?plz reply to my email: missanamardia@gmail.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi please check your email. I've sent you message. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Kim, is it normal that the LED indicator blinks (not rapidly) when the camera is charged? Because I read in the manual that if its rapidly charging it does not charge correctly. I have a brand new hp s300 camera and I dont know if this is normal. Hope you can help me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JC, I've tried it on my HP camera too which also blinks rapidly., so I can say it's normal. Just make sure you unplugged it right away when the LED indicator light is out because that means the battery is fully charged. Its important that you always fully charge your battery in order to fully utilized it. Enjoy your new HP camera. You may also try HD video recording. Have a nice day. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Hey Kim, Thanks for your reply! At least I know now that my camera is not broken. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you have nothing to worry about. Anyway, your newly purchased camera comes with a warranty too. :-) And just be careful all that is too much is bad to the device. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Hi Kim. I'm planning to by this HP camera.. Is it working really good?. I haven't checked it on stores yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine, Thanks for dropping by on my blogpost. With regards to your concern, the HP camera is a good choice as well for a typical point and shoot cam. However one thing i dislike about this camera is, its not that suitable for taking pictures at night. :( Maybe i just dont know the right settings. If ever you're knowledgeable with camera settings, you can try to adjust the camera settings for your own preference.

      There are a lot of camera available out there. If you have the budget you can try to purchase DSLR for better quality images. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Kim? May I ask to you how long can hp s300 battery life? andali kc mlobat nung akin kabibili ko lang kahapon. tnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Ann, usually it last up to approximately 6hrs of continued use purely for still pictures. It easily drains battery when your taking video, usually 1.5hrs for me. If you recently bought your cam, maybe the battery is part of the warranty you can have it replaced. :-)

      Delete
  8. hey kim, is there a miniature effect too? also does the video recording has effects too like those of samsung digicams. tnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi gregg, unfortunately there's no effect like that. I bought my camera last year maybe they've added a new on their camera. there is no effects to on the video sad to say. But it has high resolution. :-D

      Delete